Friday 12 February 2016

RAPPER MODENINE COMES HARD IN NEW TRACK WITH AMERICAN RAPPER AWKWORD


Nigerian rapper, Modenine has come hard on a new collaboration with American rapper, Awkword that features him and 8 other acts. The lyrics of his verse which opens the song, raps about musicians who ‘desecrate the art form’.

He also states that his lack of endorsement and sponsorship is because he doesn’t have a monster hit, a song about a silly dance. Although Modenine can be regarded as one of the greatest rappers from the Africa, his commercial success has been nothing but average.

See his full lyrics on the track when you continue


It’s the Flygerian, going H.A.M with the hustle
Run up on the Mode and pull a hamstring muscle
If you got an old bone to pick, bury the fossil
Or else, it’s gonna be a one-sided tussle
You can tango, I’m all about the cash, Kurt Russell
Up front payment, money in the duffle, bag
But over here, they desecrating the art form
Lying to themselves like, Mode too hard for ’em
I raise the bar, you finishing where I start from
You far from a beast on the mic, you need a stronger grip
I got no endorsement, no sponsorship
They want a song about a silly dance, a monster hit
I ain’t got that, but I got bars to make you back flip
Put the beat in a casket, when the Polymath spit
My peers pull me down, it’s like I’m rapping from a crab’s pit
All I’m trying to do is fill my bread basket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...