Friday 14 March 2014

Angelina Jolie To Have Another Surgery To Prevent Ovarian Cancer.


Last year Angelina Jolie had a double mastectomy( removed both breasts) as a preventive measure against cancer. The actress, mother of six and humanitarian revealed this week that she's in the process of  having yet another surgery to prevent the spread of  ovarian cancer. Her mother Marcheline Bertrand aged 56, died of both ovarian and breast cancer in 2007, so it's hereditary. 
She told Entertainment weekly:
"Wherever I go, usually I run into women and we talk about health issues, women issues, breast cancer, ovarian cancer. It makes me to feel closer to other people who deal with the same things and have either lost their parents or are considering surgeries or wandering about their children. There is still another surgery to have which I haven't yet. I would get advice from all these people whom I have been talking to, to get through that next stage. "

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...